Ep27: Hollywood Hold’em

Play
TOBEY_MAGUIRE_SPIDERMAN

with a great hand comes great responsibility...

Welcome nerds, Ryan goes off on the dissolution care in food prep especially among the so-called Sandwich-Artists of Subways. Ryan’s kid goes back to school and avoids an in-home ‘accident’ from occurring. Hollywood-hold’em: Tobey ‘Spiderman’ Maguire and other Hollywood hullabaloos being sued for winning at poker. Thrasher Magazine founder bows out- of life. Corpse found in chimney of bank in Louisiana after curing for 28 years. Operation Shady RAT: McAfee Security details what they believe to be a concerted cyberattack that other security firms have dismissed since this recording. Saving grace: this brings up 80’s film call backs: WarGames and Cloak & Dagger featuring Dabny Coleman. Unholy alliance: Microsoft and Apple join patent gobbling rampage to attempt to hobble Google’s strength. San Diego Comi-Con wraps up. Welcome Ally DMC at blog Preserved Disorder.

Jonathan rekindles an old love: Pearl Drops Tooth Polisher. our impressions of shark week and some nature shows and why WGBH rules. Speaking of public television: Antiques Roadshow reveals most expensive antiquity to date! List of Lists: Biggest Party Schools, Least Social-Media Cities, National Drop Out Rates, Kinkiest City. Star check on IMDB: Star Rater Meetings as Ryan mangles it with out missing a beat, JBell gives a shout out to an upcoming film Ryan is sure to be cut out of: The Texas Killing Fields. More Lists: Box Office, Top Billboard Singles. Celebrity Tweet of the week: Levar Burton.

SHOW LINKS:

MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:

Top 5 Singles This Week Available on Mp3 from Amazon:

This article has 11 comments

1. JBrown 08/09/2011, 12:47 am:

Just remember you have to periodically change what toothpaste you use just like you have to change deodorants and other hygiene products. I use to get into shark week every year, not cause I love sharks or was part of that generation of people scared shitless by Jaws, but because the magic box made a big deal of it and the Myth Busters used to put a special out once in a while. This year I saw Deep Blue Sea at 3 am while I was at work.

2. Jonathan 08/09/2011, 1:30 am:

That reminds me. In college I made up a drink called the Deep Blue Sea. It was a big hit. Haven’t made one in years. Might have to bring it back.

3. Jeffrey Brown 08/09/2011, 8:20 am:

What’s in it?

4. Jonathan 08/09/2011, 9:23 am:

It’s basically a 7 and 7 with a splash of bubble-gum flavored syrup. Its pretty damn good, and the girls loved it.

5. JBrown 08/09/2011, 10:24 am:

I have no idea what that means. but I love me some bubble gum.

• Jessica 08/09/2011, 11:55 am:

Its Vodka and 7up with bubblegum Jeff

6. ryan 08/09/2011, 12:03 pm:

Oh, children -chuckle knowingly & sigh- …it’s Seagram’s 7 (blended whiskey) and 7-Up… you guys get the internets, right?

7. Jeffrey Brown 08/10/2011, 11:27 pm:

I would think it only appropriate to google if you care to venture a guess, Jessica

• MissJessica88hko 08/11/2011, 12:24 pm:

Meh, thats what we used to give people at Roadhouse, but I take no shame in not knowing about fruity mixed beverages lol. I think there are worse things to be undereducated or misinformed about. I drink beer and wine and i’m fine with that

8. Jonathan 08/11/2011, 1:46 am:

Ryan’s right. Seagram’s 7 and 7-up, with a splash of bubble gum syrup. The ladies love em’… and I’m not ashamed to say, despite the fruity blue color, I find them quite tasty myself.

9. JBrown 08/11/2011, 1:59 am:

I have seen to much of fruitier things coming into the urology clinic to say a drink only half as girly as my hero’s (Dr John Dorrian) favorite drink, the appletini, is anything to be ashamed of.